World History and Geography for Elementary School (Grades 3-5)
Teacher : Katie Faith
$350 per semester (2 semester course)
Wednesdays - 9:00 - 10:00 or 10:15 - 11:15
This globally wonderful class travels to a new destination every week! We learn about a new place as if we were planning a trip to that location. We start with some basic questions.
- Is it in the Northern or Southern Hemisphere?
- The East or West?
- What's the line that divides the Northern and Southern Hemispheres?
- What's the line that divides the Eastern and Western Hemispheres? What continent?
- What language is predominantly spoken?
- Are we flying into a large metropolitan area or a remote location?
- How will we get around?
- What type of money is used?
- Do we need a VISA or will a passport be sufficient? What are VISA requirements?
- What is the culture we are stepping into?
- What would be good to know before we get there so we don't needlessly offend someone?
- What will we want to see while we are there, and why or how have these sites become important? Who are some important figures in the history of this destination?
- What are natural wonders unique to this area and what wildlife might we expect to see?
- What is the climate and what should we pack for our hypothetical trip?
- What are we going to eat? What foods are customary?
Classes typically include discussion as we work through basic questions to prepare our trip, a story about important places or figures in the destination's history, and short videos about the location.